How to Find International Customers
Finding potential customers is one of the first things to do in export marketing. Basically there are two ways to accomplish this. First, you find them. Second, you let them find you. Therefore, following list will also include ways to be found by customers who are in search of suppliers.
- Have a user and search engine friendly website with a professional look,
- Register your company on B2B web portals and business directories like this one,
- Have a business blog and write about your products/services/company or hire someone to do this job for you,
- Join online business forums and participate discussions,
- Create social media accounts and use them,
- Search online via search engines, B2B directories, specialized portals in your niche, and social media sites,
- Advertise online and offline,
- Consult with your commercial counselor or trade development agencies who are located in your target market,
- Join or meet trade delegations,
- Participate or visit trade shows,
- Make market research trips to target markets,
- Search offline via print publications, industrial journals, exhibition catalogs, etc.,
- Join business networks or clubs,
- Make overseas friends. Do not approach with business motives. Do not think about business at all. Just try to be friend, a good one.
Feel free to contribute this list by using commenting tool below.Are you in international trade? You might want to join our Network. Try it for free today.